The Rodrock family has been building custom new homes in the Kansas City area for three generations, starting with the first Rodrock Development in Johnson County in 1981. Both locally and family owned, Rodrock Homes builds on the long-standing family tradition of putting people first and creating quality homes with lasting value. We’ve helped hundreds of home buyers build their dream home, each unique and custom-tailored.
We build custom homes in Overland Park, Olathe, Shawnee, Lenexa, Leawood and throughout the Johnson County area, with more than 25 floor plans being built in 11 communities. Have a favorite new home community where we are not currently building? Contact us about building a home there for you.
We are passionate about creating a home that is unique to each homeowner with our exclusive Rodrock Custom Design Experience program. We also include more “extras” as standard features than any other area home builder. We currently offer four ENERGY RATED floor plans and have the ability to upgrade any of our floor plans to achieve this designation. We offer comprehensive buyer services from start to finish, whether purchasing a showcase home or building from the ground up – every detail from choosing a floor plan to closing on your new home is organized for you.
Our Mission and Values
Our collaborative team of new home construction professionals is committed to ensuring the long-term satisfaction of all members of the Rodrock family —for our homeowners, our employees and our family members. As professional home builders, we are also committed to delivering to each customer a unique property of lasting value. It’s more than a family tradition; it’s how we do business.
The Rodrock Homes management team believes passionately in the founding principle that our people represent our competitive advantage and will always be our most important asset. These are our company’s shared values:
- Character, honesty, integrity and fairness will always direct our code of conduct.
- An environment of teamwork, participation and innovation with a respect for the people who do the job will always be paramount.
- We will seek to employ, develop and promote the very best people based on personal performance and skills.
- We pursue excellence in all that we do. Every Rodrock Homes person is accountable for their personal actions and performance while embracing our shared values.
Memberships & Awards
- Member, Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
- Member, Olathe Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Shawnee Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Overland Park Chamber of Commerce
- 2011 — Ranked #3 Area Home Builder by the Kansas City Business Journal (based on 2010 sales)
- 2011 – Kansas City Homes and Gardens Gold Home of the Year (The Hepburn)
- 2011 – Kansas City Homes and Gardens Silver Home of the Year (The Ashton EX)
- 2010 – Ranked #1 Area Home Builder by the Kansas City Business Journal (based on 2009 sales)
- 2009 – Ranked #167 Nationally by Builder Magazine (based on closed home sales need YEAR)
- 2008 – Ranked #1 Top Area Home Builder by Ingram’s Magazine (based on 2007 sales)
- 2008 – Ranked #52 on Ingram’s Corporate Report 100
- 2008 – Saddlebrook at Cedar Ridge Park was voted Best New Home Sales/Design Center, Community $200,000–$300,000 by the Metropolitan Awards for Marketing Excellence (MAME)
- 2007 – Pick of the Parade Grand Award
- 2007 – Pick of the Parade 1st Runner Up
- 2007 – American Dream Award Grand Award
- 2007 – Distinctive Plan and Design Contest 1st Place
- 2007 – Distinctive Plan and Design Contest 2nd Place
- 2006 – Pick of the Parade 1st Runner Up